August 8, 2010

Seibuen Station


A view of the rails below from a bridge that crosses over from Seibuen Station to the residential area behind the trees.

Seibuen Station is the last station on the Seibuen Line. Actually, it is one of two stations on the Seibuen Line. I'm not sure if you can actually call that a "line" but it's been called that since 1952. That's a pretty long time for someone not to contradict this, so I'm guessing the length doesn't matter.


To tell you the truth, this station is not technically in Tokorozawa. The border is right next to the station so it's really in the neighboring Higashi Murayama-shi. But I wanted to use it so I've added this old sign below that says "Seibuen Station (left), Seibu Yuenchi Station (right)."


Click below for more lovely photos of bridges around the world!

Sunday Bridges

17 comments:

Unknown said...

interesting shots. i haven't been taking a train in quite a while now, and i miss it.:p

VP said...

A nice view on the 'line'...

Michael Valčić said...

Nice shots! The second one had a interesting perspective.

Elisa said...

I love your bridge.
And thanks for passing by my blog!

EG CameraGirl said...

How interesting that two stations make a line...but actually the definition of a straight line in geometry is the "shortest distance between two points." :)

☺lani☺ said...

that's so cool!

cieldequimper said...

I like the looking down shot!

Lisergic Synaesthesiae said...

Great perspective in the first one! I like how you connected the two stations using the old sign.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful journey. Made me wonder of the many stories, these two stations must have seen. Please have a good new week.

daily athens

Louis la Vache said...

A unique contribution to Sunday Bridges, Kaori...
;-D

Halcyon said...

I'm sure this bridge gets a lot of use!

Tall Gary said...

All three photos have a kind of arrow motif. We hope they point you in the best direction for you. The peeling on those red arrows at the bottom makes the arrows look like they might have been there since 1952. Or maybe they just got sunburned. Ha ha.

We wouldn’t call that short line a spur...

There are other two-station lines around. Seibu Toshima Line to the amusement park; Keio Tamadôbutsuen Line to the zoo; and the Keio Keibajô Line to the racetrack.

Maybe having a separate line makes people aware that they have to get off one train and transfer to another (even if there is only a short distance thereafter).

T. Becque said...

I love train stations. I think it has something to do with the fact that we don't use them here like you use them there, so they're unique to me!

gogouci said...

Very interesting post. I especially like the peeling and texture of the old sign. Hope you had a great weekend.

Mo said...

I'm glad I don't have to try and understand the sign for direstions.

B SQUARED said...

"Fins to the left, fins to the right..."

Linnea said...

It looks like such a clean station! Maybe because it's such a short line. Thanks for stopping by.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...