January 20, 2011

Gather Together


Nabe (鍋) is a winter favorite for a lot of people in Japan.

I think the word Nabe actually refers to the traditional clay pot that people would use to make these soup dishes. But now when people say "Let's do Nabe tonight!," it refers to this dish.


There are a lot of different soups we use for this dish. Some popular soups are Kimchi, Tomato, Soy Milk, and Collagen. It may sound bizarre but it's really good.

My friends and I ate Pork Broth Nabe (photo above) about a month ago...and we got together again for Kimchi Nabe (photo below) a week ago.


My favorite thing about Nabe is that it's just a lot of fun to eat with everyone! We all had a great time eating this yummy dish!


16 comments:

Lois said...

It looks delicious!

Babzy.B said...

i'd like to taste it :)

VP said...

I am sure I'd like any of those soups, they look delicious. A very nice picture around the table!

cieldequimper said...

I'm hungry all over again! :-)

Leeds daily photo said...

That looks like it was fun and delicious too!

Tall Gary said...

Kinchi nabe is one of my all-time favorites. And to be able to share it with such a group of friends as you were with... Ah, that’s life!

Gotta go now and find some tissue. Your nabe must have been spicy. Those bottom photos gave me a runny nose.

Guess what my “word verification” is (really! I swear!): spoon.

Unknown said...

Getting together sharing a hot pot in winter - sounds really good.

T. Becque said...

Well I haven't eaten dinner and that looks perfect!

Michael Valčić said...

That looks very good! I bet it must be nice and filling on a cold day.

Great captures!

Siddhartha Joshi said...

The pic is great...looks like such a nice, happy and tasty dinner :)

Louis la Vache said...

Indeed this is a dish that is good for sharing.

Halcyon said...

It looks delicious! I wonder if I could find the ingredients here.

London Caller said...

Both soup base look delicious!

arabesque said...

we call it shabu-shabu in here.
looks delectable. ^0^

Leif Hagen said...

Itadaki masu! Yummy photos! Please invite me the next time! Tanoshimi....

4rx said...

I really like soup but there are something weird about it. I will eat it but I think that I have to know the ingredients.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...