February 22, 2010

Overpass


This is one of the many pedestrian overpasses around Tokorozawa.

We have quite a few, although many of them are being taken down and changing into intersections for it to be more handicapped friendly. Of course I think this is a great idea.

But there is also something about these overpasses that make me sad to see them go. Maybe it's the retro colors, or the fact that I like climbing stairs, or it could just be the gleeful feeling I get when seeing the traffic below.


I'm hoping when it comes down to it, taking this overpass down will cost too much money so they just leave it AND make an intersection. Wouldn't that be nice.

5 comments:

VP said...

One of the reasons I like overpasses is that you can use them as vantage point for taking pictures.
Nice footwear...

Deden said...

Agree with VP, lots of great picture came from the overpass position.. Just waiting there and see, seeking a chance like a sniper..

nice post Kaori..

Tall Gary said...

You have really taken good care of those. If I had something with black pom poms today, they would look like this tomorrow.

The stripes are fascinating. I had to look at the enlargement to see what was going on.

Yes. Overpasses are great. Like you say, we can get a vantage point that takes us above the ordinary world. Your idea is the best. Do both!

arabesque said...

now in here, i hate overpass, i'm afraid it's not strong enough, plus the plight of stairs that i'm about to climb and not to mention the heat! ^0^ haha, i'm complaining too much huh?!

but wait! i love your post as much as i love your shoes! very cute! ^0^

Kaori said...

Thanks guys! I'm glad you like the overpass AND my shoes ;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...