March 18, 2010

Mr. Donut


Have you heard of Mister Donut?

It's a very popular doughnut store in Japan. We have other doughnut stores like Doughnut Plant and Krispy Kreme, but I think Mister Donut is still the most popular doughnut store here. Everyone calls it 'MisDo.'

The first Mister Donut store opened in 1971. Since then the chain has grown and now there are approximately 1,300 stores nationwide. There are four Mister Donut stores just in Tokorozawa. This is the one beside the Tokorozawa Station East Exit.


Sometimes Mister Donut has sales where every doughnut is 100yen! I always end up stopping by when I see this. There are so many doughnuts to choose from, but my favorite is the Golden Chocolate doughnut, below. I could eat a dozen!

6 comments:

Leif Hagen said...

Oiiiiiishi so! Delicious photos! I try to limit myself to 2 doughnuts per visit!

Lisergic Synaesthesiae said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lenola Daily Photo said...

yummy yumm!
This golden chocolate seems to be delightful!

Tall Gary said...

It does look delicious and how can you resist when you inhale that fragrance as you walk into the shop?

I see that you can enjoy Mister Donuts in a traditional Japanese tea room, but only if you bring your own (tea room, that is).

Copenhagen said...

When I lived in Taiwan it was a luxury to eat doughnuts.

arabesque said...

would you believe, we have one here too! ^0^
and i thought it's locally made.
i think mis' do is yummier there, ^0^ it's more flavors to choose from.
we have lots of donuts store also but i don't think it's that popular esp, when krisp kreme came out of the picture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...